Are you a passionate outdoor operator who wants to work in a job that helps maintain Darwin as a tropical liveable capital city that creates opportunity and choice for its community?
A fantastic opportunity has become available at the City of Darwin's Irrigation and Turf team for a motivated and experienced Irrigation Technician on a permanent basis. The team plays an integral part in the management and maintenance of all Council controlled irrigation and watering systems.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist in the minimisation of irrigation costs and misuse of water in accordance with the Municipal Irrigation Strategy.
- Understand and recognises the irrigation requirements of vegetation to ensure optimum water use.
- Ensure high quality and efficient standards of work, with ability to complete all works on time.
- Undertake efficient repair, installation and maintenance of irrigation installations.
- Constructively participate in water efficiency programs.
Our ideal new team member will have an OS White Card and MR licence, as well as desirable attributes such as a Level 2 & 3 Work Zone Traffic Management Accreditation and Senior First Aid Certificate.
If you are looking to develop your career within a diverse work environment and believe you have the right attributes to succeed in this role, visit our website www.darwin.nt.gov.au and click on the Careers quicklink to submit an application and resume.
Applications close 5pm 7 May 2018
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applicants will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
Position descriptions are available on our website www.darwin.nt.gov.au and click on the Careers quicklink.
The City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Chief Executive Officer