Business Support Officer
Darwin is one of Australia's thriving capitals. Our city is both modern and multicultural, boasting many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets, as well as a laid back, family-friendly lifestyle. In business and industry circles, Darwin is described as Australia's gateway to South East Asia, with desirable Asian locations just a short flight away.
About Us - City Of Darwin
Our vision is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour'. By 2030 we will be even bigger and better and will be known as a vibrant, creative, innovative, connected, healthy and environmentally responsible city. Our vision is supported by our staff values ‘CARES' * Customer service * Accountability * Respect *Excellence and * Solidarity. These values drive our workplace culture and are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community. Working for the City of Darwin gives you the ability to make a real difference in the lives of people who live in our community.
The City of Darwin offers attractive salaries along with generous entitlements and benefits including six weeks annual leave, fifteen days personal leave, district allowance and salary sacrifice options.
City of Darwin is seeking an experienced and motivated Business Support Officer to be a part of the Engineering and City Services Team. The role is responsible for providing high-quality business improvement initiatives within the Engineering and City Services department, with a focus on process improvement, systems and workflow analysis; program support and financial budgets and reporting.
As the Business Support Officer, you will be expected to perform and deliver consistently across a range of Key Result Areas. A key component of this role is the Service Delivery provided to our Community, which includes but is not limited to:-
- Undertake an ongoing review of business processes to identify and prioritise areas for improvement, develop project plans and implement solutions that meet City of Darwin's needs.
- Develop a cost-benefit analysis of improvement projects and project effectiveness reporting.
- Represent the Engineering and City Services department within internal working groups for the development of Council systems, ensuring these meet the needs of the department.
- Provide support in administering the program including document management, developing and maintaining templates, scheduling in MS Project (or similar) and reporting.
- Provide support and advice to Engineering and City Services department on budget preparation and control, including variance reporting.
- Review and maintain the integrity of Engineering and City Services financial transactions and ensure costings are allocated correctly for financial reporting.
This position is classified as a Level 6 under our Enterprise Agreement and has a base salary of $89,211 plus superannuation and relevant allowances. For further information regarding this position, please contact Ron Grinsell on 08 8930 0417.
To be successful, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a related field and/or minimum of five years' experience in a business analysis environment (or similar).
As part of City of Darwin's recruitment process applications may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 25 November 2019