Risk Audit and Insurance Specialist
Darwin is one of Australia's thriving capitals. Our city is both modern and multicultural, boasting many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets, as well as a laid back, family-friendly lifestyle. In business and industry circles, Darwin is described as Australia's gateway to South East Asia, with desirable Asian locations just a short flight away.
About Us - City Of Darwin
Our vision is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour'. By 2030 we will be even bigger and better and will be known as a vibrant, creative, innovative, connected, healthy and environmentally responsible city. Our vision is supported by our staff values ‘CARES' *Customer service *Accountability *Respect *Excellence and *Solidarity. These values drive our workplace culture and are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community. Working for City of Darwin gives you the ability to make a real difference in the lives of people who live in our community.
City of Darwin offers attractive salaries along with generous entitlements and benefits including six weeks annual leave, fifteen days personal leave, district allowance and salary sacrifice options.
City of Darwin is seeking an experienced and committed Risk Audit and Insurance Specialist to be a part of our dynamic Corporate Service Team. The role will focus on reducing Council risk through utilising internal and external resources to deliver risk management, insurance, internal audit, fraud and corruption control, and procurement across the organisation.
As the Risk Audit and Insurance Specialist, you will be expected to perform and deliver consistently across a range of Key Result Areas. A key component of this role is the Service Delivery provided to our Community, which includes but is not limited to:-
- Development and implementation of the risk management framework.
- Managing Council's insurance portfolio, including ensuring risk mitigation and ongoing assessment of emerging risks.
- Managing Council's outsourced internal audit program, including accountability for actioning agreed outcomes.
- Development, implementation and continuous improvement of the Fraud and Corruption Framework, including responding to ICAC requirements.
- Supervising procurement functions, including sourcing and contract management, to ensure risk mitigation, legislative compliance, consistency and continuous improvement.
- Reporting to the Risk Management and Audit Committee on risk management and compliance functions.
This position is classified as a Level 8 under our Enterprise Agreement and has an annual base salary of $107,801 plus superannuation and relevant allowances. For further information regarding this position, please contact our Executive Manager Corporate Services, Christopher Kelly on 08 8980 5537.
To be successful, you will have:
- Qualifications in Audit, Finance or Law and at least five (5) years' experience in a similar role
- National Police check
- Class C Drivers Licence
As part of City of Darwin's recruitment process applications may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 16 December 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted in the new year for an interview.