HR Project Officer
- Are you passionate about Human Resources and best practice policy and procedure?
- Do you enjoy a challenge of taking on business improvement and transformation
- Want to make a difference and to help people be the best that they can be?
About Us - City Of Darwin
Our vision is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour'. By 2030 we will be even bigger and better and will be known as a vibrant, creative, innovative, connected, healthy and environmentally responsible city. Our vision is supported by our staff values ‘CARES' *Customer service *Accountability *Respect *Excellence and *Solidarity. These values drive our workplace culture and are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community. Working for the City of Darwin gives you the ability to make a real difference in the lives of people who live in our community.
About the role
In this six (6) month contract role, you will use your extensive knowledge of HR best practice and experience to conduct a thorough review of City of Darwin's HR Policies and Procedures in consultation with Senior Leadership and make your recommendations to the Executive Manager Human Resources. You will also be responsible for identifying, assessing and implementing a Human Resource Information System to deliver efficiencies in the administrative and people management practices.
You will be part of a growing and highly regarded HR Team in a fast-paced and challenging industry.
We are looking for a passionate team member who will challenge the status quo and innovate with a passion for making a difference. We seek a 'hands-on' Project Officer with the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Previous experience with the development of HR policy and procedures.
- An understanding of different project management methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Prior experience implementing HR systems in a complex environment.
- Experience effectively managing project/cross-functional teams; including the ability to clearly convey complex concepts to all levels (including non-subject matter experts), understand different stakeholder perspectives and views, build productive working relationships, manage key stakeholder expectations and negotiate as required.
To be successful, you will have:
- Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in a senior Human Resource role.
Working at City of Darwin
At City of Darwin, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every person is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions, and lifestyles, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we're at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We're here to support you to be your best with several wellbeing initiatives.
- Flexibility: We're big on helping you balance life and work. We offer a range of flexible working options that help you be your best, wherever you're based. Talk to us about how we can make this work for you.
This position is remunerated at a minimum base salary of $89,211 per annum (negotiable based on experience) plus superannuation and district allowance. For further information regarding this position, please contact our Executive Manager HR & Safety, Alexandra Vereker on 08 8930 05647.
How to Apply:
Submit your application for the position by completing the Position Application Form and uploading a copy of your resume and cover letter.
As part of Council's recruitment process applications may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 23 February 2020