Do you have a background in the forestry, urban forests of the Tree industry and looking for your next work opportunity?
Want to combine your Arboriculture knowledge and experience to assist in the development of the Urban Forest Management team within the Darwin Municipality?
Then look no further - take the opportunity to apply for a qualified Arborist role with us now!
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make their mark and be a part of our Urban Forest Management section within the Operations Team. Reporting to the Team Leader - Urban Forest Management, you will be undertaking both scheduled and needs driven arboriculture work. Using your knowledge and skills and directions from your team leader, you will be undertaking tree maintenance activities including emergency response work, tree pruning and tree removal within Darwin Municipality.
Day to day tasks include:
- Assist with ongoing risk management and enhancement of our Urban forests by performing activities such as, but not limited to:
- Tree pruning and/or removal;
- Stump grinding;
- Root pruning and root barrier installation; and
- Storm response clearance works
- Operate plant & equipment for the pruning or removal of trees across the municipality as directed for public safety, visibility, necessary clearances, etc
- Proficiently and safely undertake aerial tree works when required
- Operate and perform work as required from an elevated work platform
- Ensure the maintenance and cleaning Council equipment, reporting any defects or failures of such equipment
You will have:
- Certificate III in Arboriculture
- OHS White Card (current)
- Completion of Unit of Competency - Operate and maintain chainsaws (AHCMOM213)
- High-Risk Work Licence - Boom type Elevating Work Platform (WP)
- Medium Rigid Vehicle Licence
Working at City of Darwin
At City of Darwin, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every person is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions, and lifestyle, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Above Award Remuneration: A minimum base salary of $63,210 per annum plus superannuation along with district allowance, paid RDO's and the option to access generous options for salary sacrificing superannuation
- Leave: We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At City of Darwin we're proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve - whether it's for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we're at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We're here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives
For further information regarding this position, please contact Anthony Van Zeeventer on 08 8980 3681
How to Apply:
Please go to https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/ & click on the Arborist job link. Other information to assist you with the application process can also be found at this link along with a copy of the position description,
As part of Council's recruitment, process applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.
Applications close 5pm Tuesday 3 March 2020