Animal Education Officer
Do you have a background in companion animal industry and looking for your next work opportunity?
Want to combine your animal education knowledge and experience to assist the Animal Management team within the Darwin Municipality?
Then look no further - take the opportunity to apply for the Animal Education Officer role with us now!
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make their mark and be a part of our Animal Management section within the Regulatory Services Team. Reporting to the Coordinator Animal Management, you will be responsible for the delivery of City of Darwin's animal education programs in line with the animal management policies and strategies. You will also be providing support to Animal Management Rangers for the enforcement and compliance of City of Darwin's Animal Management By-laws.
Day to day tasks include but not limited to:
- Assist in the creation and review of animal management information for City of Darwin's website and information pamphlets
- Plan, coordinate and attend various events, including, but not limited to, animal health programs within indigenous communities, animal behaviour workshops and animal management exhibit stalls at public events
- Develop and implement high-quality public education programs on animal behaviour, animal care and responsible pet ownership
- Work in conjunction with the Animal Education and Policy Officer to implement animal management strategies and animal education programs
- Respond to complaints and referrals in a timely manner, prioritise and manage caseloads, maintain accurate records and statistics, and prepare reports.
- Prepare case notes and correspondence to a standard that may be used as evidence in prosecution
You will have:
- Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services or equivalent experience
- Possession of a Class C Drivers Licence.
- Possession of a Working with Children Clearance.
Working at City of Darwin
At City of Darwin, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every person is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions and lifestyle, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Above Award Remuneration: A minimum base salary of $68,858 per annum plus superannuation (well above award wages) along with district allowance, paid RDO's and the option to access generous options for salary sacrificing superannuation.
- Leave: We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At City of Darwin we're proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve - whether it's for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we're at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We're here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Tess Cooper on 08 8930 0605.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 25 May 2020