Customer Service Advocate
City of Darwin is responsive to the needs, interests and aspirations of our community. We play an important part in being a provider, funder, regulator, partner, facilitator and an advocate for our community. We work closely with the community and partners, provide leadership, and deliver services that create opportunities to enhance the cultural, economic and environmental sustainability of Darwin City.
We are inviting applications for a highly motivated Customer Service Advocate. This position requires planning and enhancement of our customer service experience, and is suited to an individual who seeks a career with the opportunity for growth. You will be relied on to drive positive customer relations and should be proactive with a positive attitude as well as possess a highly motivated work ethic. You will be required to work both autonomously and within the team.
About the Role
The Customer Service team is responsible for managing customer inquiries from across the community on behalf of Council whilst ensuring outstanding customer experience. We endeavour to deliver a centralised ‘one-stop-shop' for customers.
Working within a high-performance team culture, your role is to continue fostering an ethos that breeds success and delivers the highest levels of service. You will enjoy ongoing training and development with a real opportunity to make your mark in a busy and hands-on role.
Key Service Deliverables for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Actively manage the performance of the Customer Service Centre by reviewing the quality and accuracy of staff performance, providing feedback, setting improvement targets and engaging with staff on a regular basis
- Act as an escalation point for significant and challenging customer issues, including politically and culturally sensitive issues
- Investigate and provide advice on relevant emerging trends in customer service and culture development to enhance the customer experience
- Manage customer complaints in accordance with Council's Complaints Management Framework
- Be an internal and external advocate for Council's Customer First Strategy and provide strategic advice on delivery of its objectives
To be considered for this role you will need to have proven experience in Customer Service, coupled with at least two(2) years experience in a Leadership role.
Click on the ‘Download PD" button below to view the position description and pre-requisites for the role.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply Now' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
For more information, please contact our Executive Manager Corporate and Customer Services, Chris Kelly on 08 8930 0537.
Applications close: 5pm, 10 August 2020
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.