Administration Officer - Operations
Do you want to make a genuine, tangible difference to our community?
Do you excel in dynamic environments?
A career at the top with the City of Darwin could be the best decision of your life and career. An excellent opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, experienced and qualified candidate to join the City of Darwin as an Administration Officer.
About Us - City Of Darwin
Our vision is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour'. By 2030 we will be even bigger and better and will be known as a vibrant, creative, innovative, connected, healthy and environmentally responsible city. Our vision is supported by our staff values ‘CARES' *Customer service *Accountability *Respect *Excellence and *Solidarity. These values drive our workplace culture and are displayed in the way we work, and in everything we do to service the Darwin community. Working for City of Darwin gives you the ability to make a real difference in the lives of people who live in our community.
About the role
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Administration Officer based at the Operations Centre who enjoys contact with the community and working with a dynamic team providing high-level administrative support to the Operations teams within the Engineering and City Services department.
Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Undertake daily, weekly, and monthly operational administration processes within time limitations as required
- Carry out general office duties such as answering telephone calls, email correspondence, preparation of letters, purchase orders and other tasks within the scope of the position as directed
- Assist with customer service, data entry, purchasing, and monitoring of stock holdings for the Stores Warehouse
- Process applications for cemetery matters including interments, exhumations, memorial installations, and records confirmation including liaising with all key stakeholders
- Ensure effective and consistent management of department records in accordance with Council's Records Management Procedures
- Display a high degree of discretion, confidentiality, initiative, and adaptability while prioritising multiple tasks
- Work professionally, cooperatively and respectfully with other team members to accomplish joint tasks and build positive working relationships
- Comply with City of Darwin Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) policies and procedures
You will have:
- Certificate III in Business Administration or
- Equivalent relevant qualification and/or equivalent experience (minimum two years)
Working at City of Darwin
At City of Darwin, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every person is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions and lifestyle, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Above Award Remuneration: A minimum base salary of $68,858 per annum plus relevant allowances and Superannuation
- Leave: We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At City of Darwin we're proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve - whether it's for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we're at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We're here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Janine Honner on 08 8980 3655
How to Apply:
Please go to https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/ & click on the Administration Officer- Operations job link. Other information to assist you with the application process can also be found at this link along with a copy of the position description.
As part of City of Darwin's recruitment process applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 10 August 2020
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply