Child's Play Support Officer
City of Darwin is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; a limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. We are not your usual; we are upbeat, resourceful and determined. Our staff and community are at the core of what we do, looking for ways to work together and support each other. Naturally welcoming, we share good-natured humour and positivity. We aim to inspire a sense of possibility and create opportunities for all by rolling up our sleeves. Our workplace is agile and flexible, keeping ahead of the times. Be a part of it; let's get something started.
We are seeking applications for an exciting, challenging and multifaceted role which requires great communication, planning and organisational skills. Based at Civic Centre, you will lead a small team work closely with parents and other agencies to plan, develop and deliver a wide range of high-quality contemporary children's activities across Darwin's diverse community.
About the role
The role contributes to the delivery of the Fun Bus mobile playgroup service, Fun in the Parks school holiday program and children's and family-centric activities.
Working within a high-performance team culture, your role is to continue fostering an ethos that breeds success and delivers the highest levels of service. You will enjoy ongoing training and development with a real opportunity to make your mark in a busy and hands-on role.
Key Service Deliverables for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Actively engage in the delivery of high quality and diverse educational and play-based program activities underpinned by the National Early Years Learning Framework
- Contribute to the developmental needs, interests and abilities of children aged 0 to 12 years participating in Council services
- Liaise and engage with families in child development and enhance positive parenting skills
- Support Child's Play Coordinator with innovative educational programs including delivery in community spaces to maximise social and cultural inclusion
- Maintain records of program planning, attendance and participation trends to meet reporting requirements
- Provide guidance and support to Workplace participants as and when required
To be considered for this role you will need to have proven experience working in a Family/Community Services role.
This position requires physical lifting of equipment and participation in physical outdoor activities with children and families as well as drive Council vehicles including vans and towing trailers up to 6 metres in length.
Click on the ‘Download PD" button below to view the position description and pre-requisites for the role.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply Now' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
For more information, please contact our Child's Play Coordinator, Jane Collins on 08 8930 0561.
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people are encouraged to apply.