At City of Darwin, we have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, focused and technically strong individual for a Revenue Officer. Reporting to the Team Leader - Revenue, this role is responsible for providing a high standard of support to Council staff and external customers in relation to revenue enquiries and requests; maintaining an accurate and functional rate ledger and associated administrative duties.
City of Darwin is responsive to the needs, interests and aspirations of our community. We play an important part in being a provider, funder, regulator, partner, facilitator and advocate for our community. We work closely with the community and partners, provide leadership and deliver services that create opportunities to enhance the cultural, economic and environmental sustainability of Darwin City.
About the role:
Working as part of the Revenue team within the Finance Section, you will be responsible for:
- Providing accurate and timely advice in relation to Rates and Debtor matters to Council's customers and other staff
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Council systems and procedures in relation to the Revenue function
- Liaise with the general public and relevant stakeholders (eg lawyers, conveyancers, debt collectors and Government Departments) on matters pertaining to Rates and Debtor accounts
- Assist in the preparation, input and checking of all funds-related transaction dealings within the rates and debtor ledgers, including journal entries and invoice creation
- Process receipts to the Rates and Debtor ledgers
You will possess highly developed communication and customer service skills along with finance experience to be able to engage and provide advice to diverse audiences in complex and sensitive conversations. You will also be able to maintain collaborative working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will have a minimum of 3 (three) years of experience within a relevant finance/administration/customer service-related position.
What's on offer:
- You'll play a vital role within a constantly evolving organisation, in a friendly and energetic workplace
- A commitment to your development, with career path opportunities available
- Above Award Remuneration: A minimum base salary of $68,858 per annum plus superannuation along with district allowance and the option to access generous options for salary sacrificing superannuation
Click on the ‘Download PD" button below to view the position description and pre-requisites for the role.
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Now' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
To obtain further details please contact Russell Holden, our Executive Manager Finance on 08 8930 0523.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Police Clearance.
If you are looking to develop your career within a diverse work environment and believe you have the right attributes to succeed in this role, visit our website http://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/ to submit an application and resume.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 28 September 2020