We are looking for a vibrant and proactive Communications Officer to join our dynamic Marketing and Communications team. As the Communications Officer you will be a self-starter; able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to prioritise to reach deadlines and work well within a team.
The Communications Officer will provide support to City of Darwin's Marketing and Communications team by developing and implementing communication plans for City of Darwin's programs, events and services.
Reporting to the Manager Marketing and Communications, the key responsibilities of the position include but not limited to:
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to assess opportunities for collaboration that will deliver on Council's strategic goals
- Provide copywriting and editing for internal and external communications including newsletters, brochures, websites, social media and editorial
- Create design content (using Adobe Creative Suite or other programs) for use across print and digital
- Provide advice and support to City of Darwin staff on the use of the internet, intranet and social media
- Report on analytics and evaluate the effectiveness of City of Darwin's marketing and communication activities
Creating great communications together
We're finding innovative ways to improve efficiencies across Council, so we back people who think differently and question things. Here you can carve out a career path that plays to your talents, and we'll provide opportunities for you to excel.
Our Government Relations and External Affairs team are a critical part of our transformation agenda, working to achieve the City of Darwin Strategic Directives towards the year 2030. The team works closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Lord Mayor and delivers Council's marketing, communications and media strategies informing the community about Council priorities, challenges and achievements and strengthening the Council's reputation.
To be successful in this role you will be a well-experienced communications professional with a flexible and positive approach. You will be outcome driven, and able to manage competing work priorities within strict timeframes. You are experienced in providing communications advice to various levels of an organisation, creating strong links with internal and external stakeholders to effectively communicate information about its services.
What we are looking for:
- Certificate IV in Marketing & Communication or equivalent qualification and/ or experience
- A minimum of 2 years' experience delivering communications including digital and social media messaging
- Possession of a Class C Drivers Licence
- Current NT Working with Children Ochre Card
If you have a demonstrated ability to write for publications and the internet, to edit and proofread, and have a high level of attention to detail, then we would like to hear from you.
Click on the ‘Download PD" button below to view the position description and find out more about the role.
A minimum base salary of $76,319 per annum plus superannuation (well above award wages) along with district allowance and the option to access generous options for salary sacrificing superannuation.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply Now' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
To obtain further details please contact Josie Matthiesson on 08 8930 0194.
Vacancy closes 5pm Monday, 26 October 2020