ICT Systems Officer
Reporting to the ICT Coordinator, This position is responsible for providing system administration, network and application support to ensure the high availability and maximum effectiveness of the City of Darwin's Information Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure, services and business systems. You will be expected to perform and deliver consistently across a range of Key Result Areas. A key component of this role is the Service Delivery, which includes but is not limited to:
- Provide support to City of Darwin's ICT Helpdesk and services including the timely and accurate management and escalation of queries, issues and requests.
- Provide support to the management of Microsoft products, including Active Directory, On-premise and Azure servers, on-premise office and Office 365 applications.
- Provide support to the management of Linux infrastructure and business applications including installation, upgrading and management of systems.
- Provide support for network, video conferencing and mobile infrastructure including installing network equipment, management of systems and devices.
- Develop and update documentation of systems, services, processes, infrastructure, licencing and architecture.
- Manage small projects and assist with the planning, implementation and documentation of major projects, innovation and change.
- Ensure all ICT assets registers are maintained and backups for all City of Darwin's systems are performed and completed daily.
- Maintain excellent customer service standards and support to all internal stakeholders including education in the use of new systems, technologies, innovations, processes and services
About Us - City Of Darwin
Our vision is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour'. By 2030 we will be even bigger and better and will be known as a vibrant, creative, innovative, connected, healthy and environmentally responsible city. Our vision is supported by our staff values ‘CARES' These values drive our workplace culture and are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community. Working for the City of Darwin gives you the ability to make a real difference in the lives of people who live in our community.
The City of Darwin offers attractive salaries along with generous entitlements and benefits including six weeks annual leave, fifteen days personal leave, district allowance and salary sacrifice options. This position has a commencing base salary of $82,612.00 per annum, which is negotiable depending on skills, knowledge and experience.
You will be innovative, ambitious and show a passion for technology and cloud computing. Your customers come first and you are highly organised. You are a passionate IT professional with proven skills and experience in system administration, network and application support. You will have the following position prerequisites:
- Diploma of Information Technology or equivalent qualification and at least five (5) years' experience in a similar role
- National Police Check
- Class C Drivers Licence
For further information regarding this position, please contact our ICT Coordinator, Ian Gallacher on 08 8930 0422.
The vacancy closes at 5 pm Monday 7 December 2020
The City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
As part of Council's recruitment, process applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.