City of Darwin has been on a pathway of transformation over the last few years as we commenced delivery of our Strategic Directions heading towards 2030. The newly created Landscape/Urban Designer role will design landscape and urban design project solutions to facilitate high-quality public realm, public space and green strategy outcomes contributing to amenity, aesthetics, community health and well-being.
This role reports to the Executive Manager Technical Services and will play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of urban design, landscape and streetscape standards that can be applied to City of Darwin land, including road reserves.
The key service deliverables across the Technical Services section include:
- Landscape/Urban Design
As a subject matter expert, you will be required to provide sound advice to a range of stakeholders and liaise effectively with internal customers to ensure parties are well versed and maintain compliance with our practices.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Diploma in Landscape Architecture and/or Urban Design
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in landscape/urban design and construction
- Demonstrated ability and past experience in providing high quality, creative, innovative, flexible and practical landscape, streetscape and urban design solutions, including construction specifications including knowledge of tropical climate landscape best practices
- Demonstrated high proficiency in the use of Autocad design, Microsoft Project and word processing software and use of excel spreadsheets and other software as required
- Demonstrated ability to provide specialist landscape and urban design advice and guidance to internal stakeholders and Developers undertaking to work on landscape/urban design projects on Council land or land to be gifted to Council
- Possession of White Card or ability to obtain one
- Class C Driver's Licence
For other essential and desirable requirements please refer to the position description.
At City of Darwin, we offer competitive remuneration with generous leave entitlements. This position has a commencing base salary of $98,206.00 per annum, which is negotiable depending on skills, knowledge and experience.
For further information regarding this position, please contact our Executive Manager Technical Services, Drosso Lelekis on 08 8930 0414.
The vacancy closes at 5 pm Monday 8 March 2021
City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
As part of Council's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.