Team Leader Revenue
Our Mission at City of Darwin is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour'. We pride ourselves on working with the community and partners, providing leadership and delivering services that create opportunities to enhance the economic, cultural and environmental sustainability of Darwin.
At City of Darwin, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. A permanent opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, experienced and qualified candidate to join City of Darwin in the role of Team Leader Revenue.
The role is responsible for the leadership of City of Darwin's Revenue team, providing advice to management and Council in regard to compliance with and revision of, legislation, revenue collection performance, revenue budgeting, and fees & charges.
The key service deliverables include:
- Financial Management
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Corporate Systems
As a subject matter expert, you will be required to provide sound advice to a range of stakeholders and liaise effectively with internal customers to ensure parties are well versed and maintain compliance with our practices and legislation.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Local Government, Financial Services or Education disciplines and minimum of five (5) years previous experience in accounting/finance role at a supervisory level.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the interpretation of rating or similar legislation and debt recovery legislation, procedures and practices.
- Experience in interpreting and applying legislative provisions to operational functions.
- Hold and maintain a Class C drivers licence
- Obtain and maintain a National Police Records Check Clearance.
For other essential and desirable requirements please refer to the position description.
At City of Darwin we offer competitive remuneration with generous leave entitlements. This position has a commencing base salary of $107,801.00 per annum, which is negotiable depending on skills, knowledge and experience.
For further information regarding this position, please contact our Executive Manager Finance, Russell Holden on 08 8930 0523.
The vacancy closes at 5 pm Monday 01 March 2021
The City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
As part of Council's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.