CBD & Suburban Parking
Our Mission at City of Darwin is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour'. We pride ourselves on working with the community and partners, providing leadership and delivering services that create opportunities to enhance the economic, cultural and environmental sustainability of Darwin.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Supervisor, CBD and Suburban Parking, the role requires the successful candidate to proactively promote all areas of Regulatory Services to the community and to respond to enquiries regarding Council's By-laws and other applicable legislation.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in a similar work environment, display sound verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to display resilience when handling challenging situations.
To be considered for the role you will:
- Conduct daily CBD foot patrols within specified routes to ensure parking compliance with the Australian Road Rules and Northern Territory Traffic Regulations to provide safe and accessible on-and-off-street parking to visitors of the CBD
- Conduct vehicle patrols in suburban locations as directed to ensure parking compliance as per legislation
- Issue infringement notices using Council's electronic infringement notice system
- Identify and report on issues such as missing or damaged signage, faded line-markings, abandoned vehicles, potholes etc
- Provide information, advice and assistance to the public when required or when such advice/information would be helpful
- Hold and maintain a Class C driver's licence
- Obtain and maintain National Police Records
For full details of the position or other essential and desirable requirements please refer to the position description.
At City of Darwin we offer competitive remuneration with generous leave entitlements. This position has a commencing base salary of $63,210 per annum. For further information regarding this position, please contact Rachel Macrae, Supervisor - CBD and Suburban Parking on 89300 638.
The vacancy closes at 5 pm Monday 8 March 2021
The City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
As part of Council's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.