Animal Education Officer
Do you have a background in companion animal industry and looking for your next work opportunity?
Want to combine your animal education knowledge and experience to assist the Animal Management team within the Darwin Municipality?
Then look no further - take the opportunity to apply for the Animal Education Officer role with us now!
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make their mark and be a part of our Animal Management section within the Regulatory Services Team. Reporting to the Coordinator Animal Management, you will be responsible for the delivery of City of Darwin's animal education programs in line with the animal management policies and strategies. You will also be providing support to Animal Management Rangers for the enforcement and compliance of City of Darwin's Animal Management By-laws.
Day to day tasks include but not limited to:
- Assist in the creation and review of animal management information for City of Darwin's website and information pamphlets.
- Plan, coordinate and attend various events, including, but not limited to, animal health programs within indigenous communities, animal behaviour workshops and animal management exhibit stalls at public events.
- Develop and implement high-quality public education programs on animal behaviour, animal care and responsible pet ownership.
- Work in conjunction with the Animal Education and Policy Officer to implement animal management strategies and animal education programs.
- Respond to complaints and referrals in a timely manner, prioritise and manage caseloads, maintain accurate records and statistics, and prepare reports.
- Prepare case notes and correspondence to a standard that may be used as evidence in prosecution.
You will have:
- Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services or equivalent experience
- Possession of a Class C Drivers Licence.
- Possession of a Working with Children Clearance.
For full details of the position please refer to the position description.
The position has a base salary of $68,858.00 per annum plus superannuation. In addition to your base salary, you will also be entitled to six(6) weeks annual leave, fifteen(15) days personal leave and other entitlements. For further information regarding this position, please contact the Coordinator Animal Management, Tess Cooper on 89300 421.
The vacancy closes at 5 pm Monday 19 April 2021
The City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
As part of Council's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.