ICT SYSTEMS AND NETWORK OFFICER
City Of Darwin
At City of Darwin our vision heading towards 2030 being City for People. City of Colour. We pride ourselves on being a forward thinking and innovative workplace. Our ICT team is based within the Department of Innovation Growth and Development. Recently wining our internal service award, the ICT team are the hub of supportive services for both internal and external stakeholders to ensure connectivity and connection is effective, efficient and secure.
About the Role
Reporting to the ICT Coordinator, this position will assist in ensuring City of Darwin's ICT infrastructure is accessible, secure and performs optimally. This role provides the underlying assistance in the development, improvement and management of our cyber security capabilities and network.
In this role key service deliverable include providing support to the:
- Cyber security infrastructure including design and implementation, management and monitoring.
- Management of business systems and Microsoft products, including Active Directory, On-premise and Azure servers and computers, on-premise Office and Office 365 applications
- Network infrastructure, audio/video conferencing and mobile infrastructure including design and implementation of network equipment, management and monitoring
- Manage small projects and assist with the planning, implementation and documentation of major projects, innovation and change
- ICT Helpdesk and services including the timely and accurate management and escalation of queries, issues and requests
We are looking for an experienced ICT professional with an excellent customer service ethos and at least five years' experience in a similar role. Therefore you are skilled and experienced in Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, Windows 10 and server operating systems, security information and event management, network intrusion and prevention systems, cloud computing, network design and equipment implementation, mobile device management, project management and prioritising and resolving complex ICT requests.
You will be expected to have the following credentials:
- Diploma of Information Technology or equivalent qualification
- Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security or equivalent qualification / experience
- National Police Records Check (willingness to obtain)
- Current Northern Territory Class C Drivers Licence.
This is a full-time position, 72.5 hours per fortnight with a base annual salary in the range of Level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement ($ 82,612.00 to 86,213.00) annually plus superannuation. The City of Darwin Enterprise Agreement provides for generous entitlements and benefits including six weeks annual leave, fifteen days personal leave, paid parental leave and district allowance. For full details of the position, please refer to the position description.
For further information regarding this position, please contact our Executive Manager Innovation and Information Services, Michael De Luca on 08 8930 0554.
Applications close Sunday 19 September 2021
The City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
As part of Council's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment and Psychometric Assessment.