Accounts Payable Officer - Part time
About the opportunity
We currently have a part-time vacancy within the Finance team for an Accounts Payable Officer. This part-time position, which providing for approximately 18 hours work per week, generally to be performed on our processing days, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Hours of work are 8.30 to 3.30 with an unpaid lunch break.
Reporting to the Payables Accountant, you work along with a small team of accounts payable officers and contribute to the efficient, accurate and timely expedition of end-to-end processing of all payable functions, including:
- Processing, registering and distributing invoices
- Reconcile creditors' accounts.
- Assist with the end of month processing activities
- Assist staff on procedures relating to purchasing and accounts payable.
- Provide excellent customer services.
We are looking for a team member who knows how to work professionally, cooperatively and respectfully with both internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating a customer first culture. Someone who is patient and system adept when it comes to change and transformation from intensive manual processes to more automated and streamlined system approach. You will of course have great attention to detail.
To be considered for this role you will be expected to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of Certificate II in Accounting or relevant experience; (At least one (1) year experience in a similar role including demonstrated experience in the use of an ERP finance system in a medium to large organisation).
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Obtain and maintain a National Police Records Check Clearance.
What we offer
The position is classified as Level 2 within our Enterprise Agreement structure, which equates to a base hourly rate of $33.5332 per hour plus superannuation.
The City of Darwin Enterprise Agreement provides for generous entitlements and benefits, pro rate for part-timers, including six weeks annual leave, fifteen days personal leave, paid parental leave and district allowance. You will also have the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
Information on this position, the position description and to submit an application is available from:
https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref number: 5641844
For further information regarding this position, please contact our Payable Accountant, Nirav Jethva on 08 8930 0697.
The vacancy closes at 5 pm Tuesday 21 September 2021
The City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply. As part of Council's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.