- Fantastic salary + superannuation
- Generous leave entitlements
- Work in a growing and diverse city
About the opportunity
We have multiple full-time permanent employment opportunities for Grounds Persons in our City Maintenance team. As part of the City Maintenance team, you will actively contribute to the strategic directions of City of Darwin by delivering cool, clean and green spaces across the Darwin municipality. You will be required to deliver a range of grounds maintenance activities in our parks, open spaces and laneways. You will be responsible for ensuring your work is completed to standard, in an efficient and safe manner.
Based at our Operations Facility in Woolner, a standard day sees you starting at 7.30am and finishing at 4.15pm with a monthly rostered day off (RDO). Throughout the day you will be required to perform general grounds duties such as litter collection, raking, amenity pruning of trees, removal of vegetation and irrigation maintenance.
As a Grounds Person, you get to enjoy working as part of a team and must be comfortable and capable of working a full day in the outdoor environment that we have here in the NT.
To be considered for the role, you must:
- Hold and maintain a Class C driver's licence.
- Hold a General Construction Industry - White Card
It is advantageous to:
- Have a Certificate in Horticulture or a minimum of 2 (two) years of relevant experience.
- Hold or be willing to attain a Medium Rigid (MR) Licence
- Hold or be willing to attain Work Zone Traffic Management 2 & 3
- Hold or be willing to attain Units of Competency or equivalent AusChem course for:
- AHCCHM3007 - Prepare and apply chemicals to control pests, weeds and diseases
- AHCCHM304 - Transport and store chemicals
For full details of the positions or other essential and desirable requirements, please refer to the position description.
What we offer
The positions have a base salary of $57,192 per annum, negotiable based on experience, plus superannuation. City of Darwin also provides generous leave entitlements such as six weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave and a paid RDO each month.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Lisa Spann on 8980 3609.
The vacancy closes at 5 pm Monday 08 November 2021
The City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
As part of Council's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.